Ali Edwards started this tradition several years ago. I’ve only chosen a word once before – Wisdom – there were so many things going on in my family so that word was called on a lot that year.
After much thinking, I have chosen my word for 2013 –
Focus/focus/FoCuS /FOCUS –
This word is appropriate for me in so many ways.
- It’s an obvious term for photography and I know the camera does most of the work (auto-focus) but I have to focus on what’s important for me to photograph and what I want to accomplish with my gift.
- Focus on the details of my work by not getting in a dither – I swear I have ADD and it’s gotten worse the last few years (can we say hormones!)
- My personal life – the last few years have been about changes. 2013 will hopefully see me focusing on adapting to these changes.
Here is a fine-tuned goal setting mission statement for my wordJ. This is what I want to accomplish in 2013:
- To focus on being a better person
- To focus on better health and fitness
- To focus on my relationships
- To focus on my skills as a photographer
- To focus on what I want to accomplish as a photographer
But today I am going to sit back and enjoy looking at our Christmas tree without my glasses on because sometimes things look dreamy when they are blurred.
Now tell me, do you have a word chosen for 2013? Please share.